Saturday, April 3, 2010

Drake - It’s Been A Pleasure







Ashes hit the paper as my soul spills
I know it’s artificial pleasure but it’s so real
Sometimes I wonder why I even try
Seeing life through the lens of my Mosley Tribes
Cause my mama said “Never let them see you cry”
Sometimes I swear it be better if a nigga die
But I promise mama ya son gonna get you right
I put that on my life - I put that on my life
At the crib high as hell watching MTV
Pondering on more ways to make you envy me
And I won’t stop ‘til I’m where I need to be
The pursuit of happiness is what people see
How can anyone tell you that Jesus can’t save you?
When he’s the reasons I got them diamonds in my Hesus
I’m not good, I’m great.
I used to have to work for the draws now neither of us negotiate
She busts it open and prepares for Jaye to penatrate
And these the same girls that used to tell me to get lost
The last girl I loved said I was too soft
“It just ain’t gonna work” and she took off
That’s the day that my heart froze
All these burdens on my back - too much cargo
That shit cut me deep, cut me like a blade
Ever since then it’s fuck bitches, get paid
Fuck friends that act like we was cool in the past
Since I been moving the cash that loved that they showed us ain’t really seem to last
Cause nobody is really there to pick me up when I’m feelin’ down
But when I’m high as fuck they wanna come around
They wanna be on board but I just let ‘em drown
But fuck it, Glasses up baby tonight it’s whateva
And tomorrow I’ma tell her it’s been a pleasure.

2 comments:

5454545454545454 said...

what song is this tell me now!

Unknown said...

Drake ft. Jaye - It's Been A Pleasure
You should download 'Comeback Season II' the mixtape to get it. It's not on youtube due to copyright.